memo leaked on "Multi-Cultural Training Tips" to manage Hispanic workers, 1 month after his company's second anti-union video surfaced, and just a few months after receiving another award for World's Most Ethical Retail Employer from Episphere, Target CEO Gregg Steinhafel has finally resigned.
Top 5 accomplishments under CEO Gregg Steinhafel:
- Target Corp. Found Guilty of Violating Federal Labor Laws and Rights of Employees (their entire "Employee Manual" was also found to be unlawful, ordered to be changed)
- Offensive Memo of "Multi-Cultural" Training Tips on Managing Hispanic Employees Leaked
- Released two "Cheesy" and Illegal Anti-Union Videos, Forcing Employees to Watch Them (See for yourself, video 1 and video 2: the new 2012 version)
- Gregg took a modest 83% raise in 2010, bringing his salary to $23.9 million
- Massive Data Breach: When the final numbers are tallied, the data breach could be the largest in United States history. via AP: To date, the data breach compromised 40 million credit and debit card accounts between Nov. 27 and Dec. 15. Then on Jan. 10, the company said hackers also stole personal information — including names, phone numbers as well as email and mailing addresses — from as many as 70 million customers.
|Throwback handbill during the union campaign in 2011 at Valley Stream Target|