Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Paul Waldron Hired As Union Rep.

Longtime Local 1500 member and Executive Board Member Paul Waldron is now Local 1500’s newest Union Representative. 


He began his career at King Kullen in 1989, working in nearly every department; most recently he was a floating receiver. “I’ve pretty much worked in every King Kullen on the East End of Long Island,” Waldron said. “I can’t wait to get out in the stores and establish myself as a Union Representative.”

Waldron became engaged with the union throughout the 1990s, and earned a reputation as a Shop Steward not to be taken lightly. “I don’t have a problem confronting a manager, bringing issues to them. I took that responsibility seriously as a Shop Steward.” “I came to every union meeting, sat up front, and asked questions. I was hooked. I wanted to make my job and my coworkers’ jobs better,” Waldron noted. “I remember going to my first Walmart rally to stop them from opening out in Long Island, it felt great to get involved.” Waldron was elected to the UFCW Local 1500 Executive Board over 10 years ago, and stepped down from his position in March.s.

Waldron will be serving Local 1500 members throughout Suffolk County on Long Island. “I want every Local 1500 member to know I have their back and I'm going to work my hardest to make this union stronger, better, and every single member proud,” said Waldron. “I want to earn the respect of every member and manager. Thank you to President Speelman for the opportunity.”

No comments:

Translate