|Voter Registration 6/14/08 #2 (Photo credit: John of Lebanon)|
There are tons of options on how to register to vote in NY, head here for some: http://nationalvoterregistrationday.org/
Below is some details on who can register and how to register:
To register in New York you must:
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- Live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- Not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
You can call the 1-800-FOR-VOTE hotline to request a voter application.
You can download a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form.
Print the form, complete and sign it, and mail it to your county board of elections.
Alternately, you can head to the NYS Board of Elections web site for other registration options and for registering online!
Already registered? Great! Want to volunteer on a local politician's campaign? Even better! UFCW Local 1500's Political Action Team is always looking for volunteers, activists and community members to volunteer, especially as election day is only 6-weeks away! To volunteer email us!
Let's make November count, register today!