Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Morning Read.

Our thoughts are with everyone who has been and is still affected from the events eight years ago today on September 11.  We will never forget those who gave their lives and those who are still suffering from the effects of the attack.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"[My kids are] going to have to skip a few semesters. I've already sold my car and cleaned out my life savings during the strike. There is nothing left for them or myself and my wife…. we will just pray to God that we do not get sick."
- George Kahssay, 51, who worked for 22 years at the Bronx Stella D'oro cookie factory
Alem Fese, 58, a mixer at the plant for 27 years, said she has a $1,500-a-month mortgage and hasn't written a résumé in nearly three decades.
"Who's going to hire me?" she asked. "I don't know what I'm going to do. Really.

In Today's Daily News, after workers were told that the Stella D'oro cookie factory would be moving operations to Ohio.

Rev. Al Sharpton has endorsed Fernando Cabrera for the 14th NY City Council District.

A&P is offering online pharmacy services.

Wal-Mart is re-focusing on customer research.

The Denver Daily News covers UFCW Local 7's negotiations.  As does Supermarket News.

What's going on with the Lighthouse project in Nassau County?

Reminder tomorrow is the New York City Labor Day Parade!  All are welcome to come at 9 AM!




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Translate