Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Summer Blood Drive Aids NY Blood Shortage Crisis

First off, I'm writing to extend a thank you from the bottom of my heart for donating blood yesterday. Because of your help over 300 New Yorkers will be able receive the gift of life and we have helped aid the New York summer blood shortage crisis.

Secondly, I want to apologize if you experienced any long delays throughout the registration process. There are no excuses for the extended wait times and I have personally reached out to the New York Blood Center to ensure our next drive will run smoother, faster and much more efficient.

I cannot say it enough, but thank you to those who had to wait an extended time to donate. Most of you could have easily left, but chose to stay. I deeply appreciate your charitable spirit.

We had tremendous success at yesterday's Blood Drive, even through the NY Blood Center staff shortages we collected over 100 pints of Blood.

I look forward to seeing you at our next Blood Drive or Union event, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

Tony Speelman
President
UFCW Local 1500

No comments:

Translate